AV Xpert Equipment Hire Policy
The following policies are taken from the Terms and Conditions of Hire, and form a part of these terms and conditions.
- Hirer must be over the age of 18 on the first day of the hire period.
- Hirer must have a permanent UK address and must provide proof of address in the form of a recent utility bill or statement dated within the last 6 months.
- Hirer must provide proof of identity in the form of a valid passport or photo-card driving license.
- Payment for hire must be made by traceable electronic means, limited to: PayPal, Card Payment or BACS transfer.
- Payment for the order must be made from an account that is in the hirer’s name.
- AV Xpert reserves the right to refuse hire of equipment without the need to give grounds for refusal. Under such circumstances, any amounts paid in advance by the client for the booking in question will be fully refunded.
- AV Xpert reserves the right to charge a security deposit for the hire of equipment. This will be required entirely at AV Xpert’s discretion.
- Should a security deposit be required, the deposit value will not exceed a maximum of 50% of the total of the manufacturer’s RRP for all equipment to be hired.
- Security Deposits will be taken by way of card pre-authorisation – this is a temporary hold of a specific amount of the available balance on a credit or debit card.
- The pre-authorisation is not a charge and no funds will be debited from your account at the time that the pre-authorisation is made.
- The pre-authorisation will be cancelled within 48 hours of all items of equipment being returned from hire in satisfactory condition.
- Funds may be collected from the pre-authorisation if equipment is not returned at the end of the hire period, or if it is returned in an unsatisfactory condition.